At Skale our mission is simple: help SaaS brands make SEO the #1 revenue-driving channel . We're a passionate performance SEO agency, with the goal to help SaaS companies grow their SEO efforts into a recognisable source of new business. For every link we get for one of our clients, we also plant a tree as part of our corporate social responsibility. We're scaling fast and need talented people like you to join the team. Interested in this role? Then please keep reading.
Are you someone who loves building relationships and driving impact through the power of modern SEO? Are you obsessed with communication, planning, process and prioritisation? If so, the Senior SEO Consultant role may just be for you! As a Senior SEO Consultant at Skale, you are so invested in building meaningful relationships with our brands, that you have downloaded each brand's free trial, asked for a demo and can speak about their product as if you paid for it! The ultimate responsibility of the role is to keep communication flowing, expectations in check, and priorities in order. As part of the SEO team, you collaborate alongside the Growth, Tech, Content and Off-page, actively working to scope opportunities for impact or resolve issues to ensure we drive impact for each brand we work with.
- Work with a portfolio of 8-12 SaaS brands, and make them look like superstars in their business every month. Maintain a high client retention rate by demonstrating the impact of our work and maintaining strong relationships of trust with our brands
- Organise and lead client calls with VP-level stakeholders. You’re seen as their Head of SEO and are poised and confident communicating with high-level marketing leaders
- Manage different service levels: Link Building & SEO Management. Identify upsell and cross-sell opportunities when they arise, and partner with the internal teams to increase clients’ service levels when appropriate
- Manage each client's internal and external project in our project management tool (Asana) ensuring the timely delivery of deliverables, and that time budgets are being met.
- Work closely with our Growth SEO team who will create each client’s 3-month strategy & SEO roadmap keeping all stakeholders informed on the impact of past work and the plans for future growth
- Build deep relationships with each SaaS brand you work with, and deeply understand the nuances of their business (product, customers, etc)
- Communicate with your clients over email, Slack, video call, etc. Check-in regularly at least weekly with a KPI & project update
- Prepare quarterly business review (QBR) decks to showcase the impact we’re having on their business
- Organise all client-facing documents so they understand the impact of our work and what actions we are taking
- Collaborate with other SEO teams on a daily basis: Growth SEO, Tech SEO, Content SEO, and Off-Page SEO. Ensure they know each client as well as you do, and they have all the context & information to do their best job.
- Give SEO advice & answer SEO questions (get insights from our SEO team where appropriate)- identifying actionable next steps from broad strategic objectives/ conversations
- 3-5 weekly zoom client calls and day-to-day communication via slack
- Weekly huddle meeting with your Growth, Tech, Content and Off-page team
- Weekly team meeting and weekly 1:1
- Monthly performance updates - written and presented
- Quarterly business review - prepared as a pitch deck
- Daily project management, mostly in Slack and Asana
- Daily ownership of process management in Asana, Notion and other tools
- You have a minimum of 5 years working in an SEO role at a mid-to-senior level, with a focus on driving incremental revenue
- You’ve worked in a client-facing role before and can confidently lead calls with multiple stakeholders present - navigating sometimes tricky questions / scenarios
- You’re super process driven and an excellent project manager. You can create task briefs which are easy to understand for any level.
- You’re able to articulate clearly, the impact we are having on each SaaS brand’s business, and the importance of the work we are delivering
- You’re an excellent delegator, and aren’t interested in doing actual SEO work yourself but are able to sort through large amounts of details and maintain a big-picture focus, quickly delegating tasks when needed to ensure projects remain on schedule
- Driven and self-directed in a virtual work environment
- Well-organised, detail-oriented, results-oriented, and able to perform under pressure
- You’re based within Europe
- You will need to be registered as a freelancer in your country of tax residence. E.g. Sole Trader in the UK or Autónomo if you're in Spain
- 🖥️ Remote, flexible & async working. This is a full-time position.
- 🏝 36 days paid annual leave
- 💆 €150 euros monthly wellbeing budget (e.g. spend on co-work, gym, spa session, healthy food, etc)
- 😄 Regular online team buildings
- 📖 A strong culture of innovation & learning
- 💻 €500 set-up budget to enhance your workspace
- 🏄 1-2 company retreats per year somewhere in Europe (subject to current COVID-19 situation)
Applying for the role:
We try to make our recruitment process as enjoyable, and transparent as possible. If your application is successful, you will be contacted by our HR team for an initial discussion about the company and your experience. You will then have video chats with the Co-Founders and your potential manager. Our final step normally involves a presentation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from everyone, and we do not discriminate based on background, national origin, race, colour, age, religion, sex, gender, disability, veteran, family or parental status, or neuro-diversity status.If you require any reasonable adjustments to be made throughout the application/interview process, please let us know.